Thursday, April 15, 2010

Blossom Crow































This one took AGES. There were times were it sat on the easel for days in that middle "ugly phase" where you've got your mid-tones down but no detail but I'm glad I persisted because in real life it's cerise and creamy powdery blue. Very happy with this one!

As for my titling process, I go with what I call it in my head while I work on it. Perhaps "High-Wire Act" would be better, but I got so used to calling it "Blossom Crow"- as in "gotta get back to work on that Blossom Crow monstrosity" - that I couldn't bear to call it anything else.

Acrylic on canvas, 16"x20", 2010

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:33 PM , Blogger kathrine said...

Freaking lovely!

 
At 6:30 PM , Anonymous gary said...

Brenda: Hi! It`s Gary.
It was lovely running into you today, really nice to sit and chat on a bench in sketchy town.
Lovely.
AND you`re paintings are REALLY beautiful!!
You are a talented creature. WOW!!
I`m really impressed, as i said, I have a thing for birds, esp. black crows.
xo

It would be nice to meet up again one day , for sure.
love Gary

 
At 10:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a lovely piece! marianne v
OMG i just saw a post on same piece is that Gary as down the street Gary?

also HAPPI NEW 2011

 
At 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was me!! And now we are connected again...
and again , brenda, your paintings are lovely.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home